Mowing is an essential lawn maintenance service that will need to be performed regularly throughout the growing season to keep your lawn in Oregon looking its best. To take this task off your hands and to make sure that your lawn is always looking neat and manicured, you should sign up for a professional lawn mowing service. However, before you hire a company, there are some things that you'll want to look for. Make sure the company that you want to hire will change its mowing schedule based on what is best for your lawn to keep up with its growth throughout the growing season. You'll also want to make sure that they will follow best practices to ensure they won't damage your lawn. And finally, make sure that edging, blowing, and string trimming are included with their lawn mowing service.
1. Look for a company that will change their mowing schedule based on what's best for your grass.
When you're looking to hire a company to mow your lawn, you'll want to make sure that they will change their mowing schedule based on what is best for your grass. During the growing season, your grass will need to be mowed weekly to keep up with its growth. Once the end of fall starts to roll around, your lawn won't be growing as fast and will only need to be mowed on a bi-weekly basis. Make sure you hire a company that will adjust its mowing schedule throughout the year to meet the needs of your grass.
The growing season in Oregon runs from March through November.
2. Make sure you hire a lawn mowing company that follows best practices.
Before you hire a company to hire mow your lawn, you'll want to make sure they follow best mowing practices to ensure they won't damage your lawn. Don't hire a company unless they:
- Rotate mowing patterns - Make sure that the company you are planning on hiring will rotate their mowing patterns at each visit to prevent your grass from leaning in one direction and to prevent your soil from becoming compacted.
- Will cut your grass to proper height - Not all grass should be cut to the same height. Before hiring a company to mow your lawn, make sure that they will cut your lawn to the proper height depending on the type of grass you have.
- Use sharp blades - Make sure the company you hire uses sharp blades when they mow your lawn. Dull blades can rip and tear your grass, which can damage it and bring down the curb appeal of your lawn.
3. Make sure the company you're hiring includes edging, string trimming, and blowing with their lawn mowing service.
While mowing the grass is the biggest part of a lawn mowing service, there are other services that should be included to ensure your lawn looks its best. Make sure the company you are going to hire to mow your lawn will also include these additional services:
- Edging - Edging along the sidewalk, driveways, and other hardscapes on your property will give your lawn a clean appearance.
- Blowing - Blowing grass clippings off of your hardscapes will help keep your property looking neat.
- String trimming - String trimming is great for areas that a mower can't reach such as between rocks, around trees, and other hard-to-reach areas.
Give us a call to schedule our lawn mowing service.
At J&C Lawn Care, we have been mowing lawns since %%yearfounded%% and we have the tools, skills, and knowledge to get the job done right. We offer our lawn mowing service to properties in Gresham, Happy Valley, Troutdale, OR, and surrounding areas. Call (971) 284-2035 to schedule our lawn mowing service for your property today!